Children Day

Childrens Day is the day for all the children in Mozambique. Its on 1/June. It happens every year. Kids really like it because they get day off from school. They always buy new clothe to celebrate with. They hang with they friends and partners walk around the city, Go to parks and they also get presents from their parents and family.

My last Children day was 2 years ago and i got gifted a bike by my mum. But i was sad that  i couldn’t come with it to australia because of space.

But i have a question for you. Do u think that children day should be a thing in australia ?

4 thoughts on “Children Day”

1. Hi John. Thank you for your description of Children’s Day. Are there Christmas and birthday celebrations in Mozambique as well? It is nice to have a special day for kids to get presents and have fun with their friends. Maybe this would change the way we observe Christmas if the presents were some other time of the year. What do you think? Best wishes. Ms.T.

1. Yes there’s Christmas and birthday celebrations in Mozambique. Most of Africans celebrate Christmas as a day Jesus was born.

1. The idea of Children’s day sounds great – lots of games and parties. Sometimes I think every day should be Children’s Day. It would be good to have one in Australia. How do adults get the time off to have fun as well.